Please leave comments, contact directly via email hpoconnell@yahoo.ie or follow on Twitter @henrypoconnell

Sunday, December 20, 2020

Sportyman says goodbye!

 



I have been writing the Sportyman2020 blog since January of this year and, as I’m moving on to new projects in 2021, I’m now drawing the blog to a close.

Over the course of 62 blogs, a wide range of sporting related topics have been covered, from Olympic basketball to hammer throwing, from Tipperary hurling to stone skimming and, of course, my own brief history of Liverpool Football Club.

At the time of writing, the blog has had almost 8,000 reads in over twenty countries, from New Zealand to Spain and from India to Venezuela.

I hope that reading the blog has been even half as enjoyable as writing it was, and I am extremely thankful to the many readers who have given me support, encouragement and feedback in the writing process.

I am especially thankful to those friends who provided their own guest blogs for Sportyman2020: Eddie Mitchell, Kevin Lally, Eoin Ryan and Philip Finnegan and to David Meagher who hosted an early Sportyman blog on www.verywestham.com in January 2020.

Of course, like all great sporting characters, there’s always a chance that Sportyman2020 may someday make a comeback.

But for now, thanks for reading, happy Christmas and all best wishes for a far more normal new year to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment